This week we are going to use a wonderful story by one of our favourite authors as our inspiration,
The story is
The Smeds and The Smoos
which is written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler.
I have added a folder below with the story being read by 2 different people, and also a slideshow of the pages from the book so that you can read it yourselves.
Here are some suggested activities for you to do.
You can do these in any order.
1. Write some sentences to describe Janet or Bill - will I be able to tell who you are describing from your sentences?
Remember to use all your Y1 non-negotiables
2. Design your own alien (or aliens.)
You could draw, paint or make one out of … anything!
There are a few ideas in the folder below...
3. Read the names of the alien planets from the story next to the coloured blobs, then open up the planet to find out more about it. There is a question in each planet for you to read and answer.
Use your phonic skills carefully today and only get your grown-ups to help you if you REALLY need to.
4. Design your own alien planet and give it a goo alien planet name.
You could use 2paint a picture on Purple Mash to do this task, and then save it so that we can have a look at it too.
5. Write some sentences to say what you can see in these pictures. Remember to use all your Y1 non-negotiables.
Hope you have lots of fun doing the activities this week...